This assignment is designed to help students
• apply standardized terminologies; and
• develop an appreciation of the relationship between standardized terminologies and the data-information-knowledge-wisdom continuum.
Through this assignment, the student will demonstrate the following ability.
(CO 4) Assess the value of standardized terminologies in supporting nursing in all four practice settings. (POs 5, 11)
For a selected patient scenario, identify related NANDA, NIC, and NOC elements. Describe in detail the data, information, knowledge, and wisdom that guided you.
The scenario is one that you choose and is in a context familiar to you so that you can provide the detail requested and apply your learning from this point forward.
PREPARING THE PAPER
1. Required texts may be used as references, but a minimum of three sources must be from outside of course readings.
2. All aspects of the paper must be in APA format as expressed in the 6th edition.
3. The paper (excluding the title page and reference page) is 3–5 pages in length.
4. Ideas and information from professional sources must be cited correctly.
5. Grammar, spelling, punctuation, and citations are consistent with formal academic writing.
Category Points % Description
Introduction 45 22.5 Introduction presents a brief overview of the scenario and of the parts of the paper.
NANDA, NIC, and NOC Elements 45 22.5 Clearly identifies related NANDA, NIC, and NOC elements.
Data, Information, Knowledge, and Wisdom 45 22.5 Describes in detail the data, information, knowledge, and wisdom that guided you.
Conclusion 45 22.5 Concluding statements summarize insights about the key elements of the paper gained during the assignment.
APA Style 6 3 Text, title page, and reference page(s) are completely consistent with APA format.
Citations 7 3.5 Ideas and information from other sources are cited correctly.
Writing Mechanics 7 3.5 Rules of grammar, spelling, word usage, and punctuation are consistent with formal written work, and page restrictions are met.
A quality assignment will meet or exceed all of the above requirements.